Skip to main content

Well, almost.

I think I was a little too quick in dismissing Bukowski.

Or, more accurately the whole idea.

When I wrote last time I was fed up with a few things going on, with a plotline not cooperating and generally giving me grief to a few projects misbehaving themselves at work. So yes, I think I was allowed to through a hissy fit.

Am I really going to give up on Bukowski?

Don't know.

As I mentioned in my last post, he and I go way back.

What I will say however is that I like the idea of clandestine agency answerable either to the UN or a multinational security alliance running about saving the world from itself, as I've been brought up on such movies as James Bond and series like the old Mission Impossible and the much newer NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, Spooks, Water Rats and a few others. Not to mention books by the likes of Coonts, Clancy and a few others.

I think Bukowski and the resulting Exit Strategy was a proof of concept that I can write something similar. Now to put it to practice.

Comments

  1. NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    You can do it!
    You can do it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Different Experiences

A good friend of mine posted her experience with depression, which you can access via this link here . To say that it was eye opening is cliché, as what she described is something that I cannot even begin to appreciate or fathom for that matter. I never experienced it, except for the occasional bouts of mind-numbing boredom. But then, I do jump back up onto the bandwagon and keep on going. On the other hand, it made me think. Depression is experienced individually, and no one experience is the same (though there are similarities). In fact, we may experience eating the same ice cream differently from the person you are sharing said ice cream. Which brings me to today’s post, something that has been slowly but maturely wanting to get out, and absolutely nothing to do with depression. Many of you who frequent my blog may already know that I have a disability, and if you didn’t know then... well, now you do. My kind of disability isn’t a Johnny-come-lately thing, but one that ...

Progress and updates

   I promise I haven't been silent for no apparent reason. I've been busy with school, responsibilities, Korean dramas, and yes, writing—imagine that! For those following Michael Lavoice ’s blog, you might have seen occasional updates about SARCOM. The story revolves around Jack Crowley, a lieutenant in the Search and Rescue Command. This narrative continues the tale that Michael and I began in an anthology focused on the Space Coast Guard. We have finished the first book, and the second one is nearing completion. All that's left is a third, because good things come in threes. Coasties in space isn’t the only thing I’m working on. For those familiar, I wrote “Dragoon: First Strike” back in 2024 via Three Ravens Publishing. Reviews have been positive, and someone has compared my writing to Heinlein's. While currently one book, available via Amazon in ebook and print, Dragoon was always meant to be a series. The good news is that the next five books have been written and...

Explosive New Espionage Thriller "Asset Denied"

  A gripping new voice in international crime fiction has arrived with the release of Asset Denied: The Gene Bukowski Files , a high-stakes short novel by Peter Stanley that blends global intrigue, political corruption, and deeply human storytelling. Set across Washington D.C., Mexico City, and Miami, Asset Denied follows Special Agent Gene Bukowski—a hardened FBI investigator and former military operative—who is pulled into a spiralling international conspiracy after a joint U.S.–Mexico operation collapses in violence. A senior Mexican official is assassinated, multiple officers are killed, and Bukowski’s partner takes his own life, leaving behind a trail of unanswered questions. As Bukowski becomes the focus of a Senate inquiry and is suspended from active duty, he is drawn into a covert, off-the-books mission that pushes him beyond the limits of law enforcement—and into the shadows of intelligence warfare. What begins as a failed investigation quickly unravels into a far-reachi...