A whole new universe

That is what one of my favourite authors said.

Once you have finished a story and fired it off for submission, start another story. The trick of course was to write something not related to the last story, which is harder then I thought.

You see, I like writing a certain style of genre. You can find examples of Compromised and Across the Board on Amazon, two of my recent stuff that I put up for reasons that I still haven't come to grips with... of course some of my mates would state that I just jumped onto the whole independent publishing scene and hope for the best. But I digress.

As I was saying, I like writing in a specific genre because it's fun for me, and am getting better at it. Well, I like to think so. But my last few attempts at writing had proven to be a variation or replica of the current story that is in its second stage of submission to a small electronic press in the States. Whilst that isn't exactly a bad thing, but when you stick to a specific formula then things tend to get repeative (I have seen a few books that seem to follow a formula; some readers have no qualms with it, while others do).

However, writing in a whole new universe and even genre (I decided to return to my first true love, science fiction) certainly has its advantages. For one, you get to get passionate about your new masterpiece, befriend new characters and have the side effect of improving your writing. It also lets you forget about your last piece, which you could return to with a clean slate if the opportunity presented itself.

Right, off to write I go. Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Different Experiences

A small update

Let's rage against them words